- Director of engineering, Spotify 2016 -
- Consultant at Crisp 2012
- Atex Product Development Manager Polopoly 2007 – 2012
- Mogul CTO 2006 – 2007
- Polopoly Product Developer 2004 – 2006
- Teknik i Media CTO and Systems architect 2000 – 2004
- Dagens Nyheter Systems architect and developer 1998 – 2000
- Other work and assignments
- Core competencies
Consultant at Crisp 2012 – 2016
Agile coach, teacher and developer at Crisp. My passions lies in the intersection of human organization and technologies and goes in both direction: how to make organizations better by optimizing technologies, and vise verse.
Here you can find my blogs at Crisp.
Product Development Manager Polopoly 2007 – now
Responsible for the product development department of the Polopoly WebCMS where we have turned a small group of hackers into an almost 20 person hyperproductive development organization through an all encompassing implementation of lean and agile processes, with focus on quality, self organizing teams, customer value and a constant flow of releasable software. Part of wich has been presented at Agila Sverige 2008, 2009 and 2011
Also involved in strengthening the support line and helped other parts of the company use agile concepts and put in place a high quality recruitment procedure.
I still do development and have among other things introduced the amazon cloud for our enteprise scale product testing and QA and was the initial driving force behind the Atex Tablet Publishing solution. Here’s my GitHub account
CTO 2006 – 2007
Responsible for strategic technical issues and competencies of 50 developers. Hired to build a business on open source consulting based on combining agile developmen, open source and ideas on software as a platform, or Software Market 3.0
Created an internal collaboration platform based on open source portal liferay and Twiki and was also part of the team building the internal VMWare based cloud.
Product Developer 2004 – 2006
Core backend J(2)EE developer. Instrumental in delivery of version 9. Adapted the product to standard J2EE servers such as JBoss, Websphere and Weblogic and was responsible for the creation of a high quality product documentation.
Introduced eXtremeProgramming practices and built the foundation of a huge testing environment still in use.
Teknik i Media (Technology in Media)
CTO 2002 – 2004
Systems architect 2000 – 2002
Mentor on Java, architecture and development methods and open source evangelist for two teams of developers. Introduced and build developed tools to support eXtremeProgramming practices.
Lead developer and architect for WAP-service at DN and a Lucene based search engine and an Instant News service at Sydsvenska Dagbladet.
Created one of the first Enterprise Service Bus systems, called Amsterdam on top of JBoss, used by Atex advertising system, and eventually released as OSS.
Responsible for several system analysis on how DN should build and adapt its IT-architecuture to make better bussines on Internet.
Systems architect 1999 – 2000
System developer 1998 – 1999
Backend developer for commercial web services such as Hemnet, Bostad and Köp och Sälj at Dagens Nyheter, both software development, IT-infrastructure and operations. Heavily involved in object oriented perl programming.
Inspired adoption of Linux as runtime platform and usage of open source software and create the open source site backsource
Other work and assignments
- Mälardalen University – Centrum för välfärdsforskning (Welfare research Center) – Research assistant 1997 – 1998
- Stockholms Läns Landsting – Kronan – First Secretary 1995
- Swedish Radio – Press archive – Researcher 1990 – 1991
- Core contributer to the JBoss open source enterprise server where worked among other things on the JMS layer and with JAAS
- Involved in a number of other open source projects 1998 – 2004
- Alternate board member of Swedish Election Authority 2002 – 2007
- Board member of the Olof Palme memorial fund 1998 -
- Freelance journalist and author 1991 – 1998
- Member of editorial staff at the magazine TLM 1989 – 1998
University of Stockholm
Bachelor of Arts May 1986 – 1991
Accepted for Post graduate studies in History of Ideas 1992
University of Kalmar
- Writing and researching (20 years)
- General programming (15 years)
- System administration (15 years)
- Open source development (13 years)
- Web development (12 years)
- High performance web infrastructures (12 years)
- Java and J2EE (12 years)
- Mentor and leader (10 years)
- Software methodologies (10 years)
- eXtreme Programming (8 years)
- Agile, Lean and Scrum management (5 years)
- Personnel responsibilities (5 years)